As a pet parent, you have to understand that the way you treat your cat, the way you feed and clean them up affects the planet a lot.
Most of the commercial products out there have a strong negative impact on the environment, it is very essential to consider such environmental impacts, and make sure you know what to look for before searching the appropriate product for your pet.
Your top priority should be looking for organic certified products to know and learn about their specific ingredients and sustainable practices, as well as information about where the product came from. Thus, buying eco-friendly pet products makes your pet more sustainable.
The best part about buying sustainable products is the fact that it always saves your money in the long run.
Buy eco-friendly pet care products
- Buy cat products that are made from recyclable materials.
- Buy certified organic products and avoid products with artificial flavor and color.
- Buy organic products and products from locally raised animals because they are not only better for the cat, but for the earth as well.
- Buy high-quality products like toys, bowls, collars, leashes and others made of sustainable, recycled materials because they last longer and reduce the waste long term.
- Buy organic bedding, and choose toys, collars, and leashes made from natural materials or plastics that do not contain vinyl, phthalates or BPA.
- Use eco-friendly pet shampoo that is free from toxic chemicals and manufactured with natural ingredients.
- Buy eco-friendly non-toxic cleaning products.
- Buy pet food in bulk quantities to keep your pet’s environmental “pawprint” small.
EXAMPLES OF ECO-FRIENDLY PET CARE PRODUCTS
‘Eco-Friendly Cat Toys’ are one of the easiest ways to keep your pet stimulated and happy while still maintaining a positive influence on the environment. A lot of cheap cat toys can contain harmful toxins that could be hazardous to your cat’s health. So make sure the toys they’re playing with are made of natural and organic materials that will keep them safe.
The Eco-Friendly Catnip is generally safe for your cat to ingest in low quantities. It gives your cat a wonderful natural high while improving their dental and gastrointestinal health. Also, it brings out your cat’s natural instincts using sustainably-sourced materials and natural catnip.
The Eco-Friendly Cat Food is a certified organic cat food that is produced without synthetic pesticides or genetically modified agents, and the organic farming process helps to preserve the integrity of the land and water. It ensures your cat food only contains organic ingredients.
The Eco-Friendly Cat Litter is a natural litter that is easily composted. It can be wood shavings, recycled newspapers, sand, and sawdust that have all been used in an organic litter.
Poop Bags are one of the safest options to dispose of cat waste, they can also be used for cat litter. Dispose of your pet waste properly, use a biodegradable pet waste bag, and Consider composting because your pup’s poop is harmful to the environment.